Carlos Mavioso (MD) ,
Cristina Garusi (MD) ,
João Correia Anacleto (MD)
BRA 1- Breast Cancer Reconstruction Art will be a two day course in Lisbon, held at the Champalimaud Foundation and the Nova Medical School, in September 16th and 17th, 2022.
On the first day the course will take place at the Foundation’s auditorium, with theoretical sessions together with commented live surgery and case discussions.
In a friendly and relaxed environment the most relevant aspects of breast cancer surgery and reconstruction will be covered, and a welcome cocktail will be served in the end of the day.
On the second day a flap course will be available for 14 attendants at the Anatomy Lab/Nova Medical School, dissecting the most common flaps in breast reconstruction in well preserved 7 cadavers (1 cadaver, 2 participants, 1 teacher, 1 scrub nurse).
The faculty includes national and international speakers, the last ones from the so called “Scottish School”, all with recognised achievements in breast surgery and reconstruction.
Plastic Surgeons, Breast and Oncoplastic Surgeons; Gynaecological Surgeons
LEARNING OBJECTIVES >> KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS TO DEVELOP
- Understand the rationale of breast conserving surgery, mastectomy and axilla management in the current days
- Learn and discuss the most relevant breast reconstruction techniques for breast conserving surgery.
- Learn and discuss the state of the art techniques in mastectomy reconstruction.
- Create awareness of the need to evaluate aesthetically results and the way to achieve it.
- Consciencialize attendants of the new developments with AI and it’s expected future impact in breast surgery and reconstruction
- Learn how to raise the most commonly used flaps in breast reconstruction.
> Academic background in the mentioned specialties.
> CV evaluation